One of a kind car that has only one run since being built. The car ran a 9.20 with a 427 in it, it currently has a 496 fresh and ready to go racing. This car weighs in at an amazing 1674 lbs. without driver!
Location: Florida, USA
UPDATE! The car is now running a blower. This is a Mooneyham 871 alcohol injected racing blower. The motor is a 427. All other components remain the same. Note, some of the photos show the car before the blower was added. The final seven photos show the car as it is now with the blower.
New car with only one shakedown run.
Recent Competition History
Car placed first at NMRA Ford Nationals, also won Race Pages Editor's Choice Award 2001. Car was featured on NMRA National 5.0 Mustang National Series Poster 2002.
- Type: big block
- Displacement: 427 C.I.
- Induction: Dart intake, Mooneyham 871 alcohol injected racing blower, intake flowed & ported
- Heads: Brodix 2X Reher Morrison aluminum heads, heads are fully race ported
- Block: 4-bolt main block, half poured
- Crankshaft: Scat 4340 internally balanced crank
- Connecting Rods: Eagle H Beam rods
- Pistons: Weisco pistons 14:1 compression
- Camshaft: Cam Motion roller cam, 800 intake, 765 exhaust
- Valve Train: Crane roller rockers, 1.7 ratio, Chromoly push rods 7/16
- Flywheel: Fluid Damper
- Jesel belt drive
- Fuel Cell
- Fuel Pump: BLP mechanical alcohol fuel pump
- Radiator: aluminum radiator, all braided S/S lines w/Russel fittings
- Ignition: MSD 7AL 2 box, MSD pro Billet dist., MSD Super Coil
- Computer: K&R 3 timer delay & throttlestop
- Type: Glide
- Gears: 1.76 low, Vasco gear set
- Converter: J.W. slp -2 9 in. converter
- Trans Cooler: quick disconnect cooler lines
- Transbrake: Hipster transbrake
- hardened input shaft & hub, complete Kevlar band & clutches, SFI trans shield, SFI solid flywheel
- Manufacturer: Fab 9
- Type: 9 in.
- Ratio: Strange Pro 4.10 gea
- Case: Fab 9 diff. housing
- Axles: Strange 40 spline axles w/5/8
- Strange pro yoke
- Construction: all fiberglass, stretched, 67 A/C Cobra w/wing body
- Color: PPG Chamelion Blue & red paint w/Harwood hood scoop
- body is completely removable
- Type: 98 in. Chromoly chassis, takash Chromoly wheelie bars
- Certification: cert to 7.50, will 25-1.c with addition of a few bars.
- Front Suspension: torsion bar
- Rear Suspension: 4-Link, anti-roll, coilover
- Shocks: AVO adj.
- Brakes: 4 wheel Strange disc
- Steering: worm & way steering box
- Wheels: Weld w/33x16 GoodYear slicks
- Color/Finish: custom aluminum race seat, all lights are functional
- Restraints: Simpson 5 pt. harness
- Guages: Auto Meter liquid filled gauges, Monster Tach w/recall
- custom car cover
- 28' enclosed transporter available at extra cost
- PRINTING SPECS
Full Chassis Door Car
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Speed Shop
| Site Search
| Racer's Rides
| Tech tips
| Organizers |