Home Page race-cars.com contact info

Re: 1966 charger funny car

Follow Ups     Post Followup     Close Window

Author: Recycler   November 16, 2008 at 15:58:22  from 24.93.147.93   in reply to: 1966 charger funny car posted by joey doss on November 15, 2008 at 17:51:40

There were a load of those old Charger funny cars over the years. 66-67 were the years that those cars morphed from the B-body AFX's to the full-on floppers of the late 60's and 70's. I can't remember all the 66 & 67 funnies, but a few of the more well-known cars were:
Don Schumacher's beautiful pearl blue "Stardust" '66 Charger.
Roger Lindamood's "Color Me Gone" '66-'67 cars.
Al Graeber's "Tickle me Pink" '66 car.
"Mr. Norm" Kraus' Grand-Spaulding Dodge '66 car.
Bill McKesson's "Limelight" '66 car.
Horace Gilbertson's - Kennedy Dodge '66 car. (Actually it was just a real steel car gutted, altered wheelbase and engine back in the front seat, injected on alky.)
There was a nice Gold AWB '66 car that I saw run at Epping, Connecticut, Atco & E-town when I was a kid too, but I can't remember who owned it.

Follow Ups

Post Followup
Note: Follow-ups should only be used for information of interest to all viewers. For other inquiries or personal communication please send an email if possible or use other contact information provided.

Name:   
E-Mail:   

Subject:   

Click Once to Post

When you return to the board you will need to do a REFRESH or RELOAD to see your followup.

Follow Ups     Post Followup     Close Window     Top

| Race Cars For Sale | Help | Engines | Gearboxes | Transporters | New Listings | Archive | Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale | Parts Wanted | Open Forum | Speed Shop | Site Search | Racer's Rides | Tech tips | Tracks | Organizers |

Home Page
home   terms   privacy   contact