Author: Gordon Caverly July 6, 2018 at 20:55:22 from 220.127.116.11
400 Cu. In. Chevy Small Block 4 Bolt main angle cap splay Engine
For Drag Car Only
Parts description (All new parts) (Unassembled - will assemble)
• Unassembled 400 cubic inch two bolt main block with filler in the block up to the soft plugs.
• Callie 4 bolt main angle cap splay (angle drilling of the two outer bolts) conversion with steel caps in all positions except the rear main. (This assembly was machined, honed, and aligned for all cap positions
• Block was machine decked for level accuracy
• Rotation assembly (crank, rods & pistons) all balanced
• Block bored .030 over to 4.155 (This configuration equals a 420.33 cu. In. or basically a 427)
• Callie standard steel crankshaft
• 5.850 Oliver connecting rods laser drilled for pin oiling to use vacuum pump system
• Oliver rods w/ stroke of 3.875 (3 7/8)
• Wiesco 12.5:1 compression ration aluminum forged pistons for a standard combustion chamber (64cc) dome
• Block has had dry block filler added
This engine has never been mocked up for crank rotation clearance of the rod assembly from the cylinder block walls throughout the block. This engine is rated as a 420.333 cu. In. or pretty close to a 427.
This assembly does not have a cam shaft or cam bearings, piston rings, connecting rod or main bearings.